Friday, November 30, 2012

Trim the Tree


Hi Krafters!

For the last two years or so, my daughters and I make ornaments for the Christmas tree. It allows us to spend time together and it keeps them busy for a while. This year, I wanted to try my hand at cutting felt with the Gazelle! Let me tell you, I was not disappointed!

When I saw the Moose File, I HAD to use it for this year’s ornament! The file has several layers to it, but I only used two of the layers.  To cut the felt, I used a small amount of Stiffy stabilizer (the more you use, the stiffer the felt will become). Once the felt was dry, I cut it out on my Gazelle using a deep cut blade, force of 6 and a multi-cut of 3. It cut with no problem at all using these settings. I only had brown and white felt so I colored the face with a glimmer spray. I also used googly eyes…so cute! The nose of the Moose was cut with the left over felt when I cut the antlers.

The ornament is light, but I used an eyelet to give the ribbon a little more support. Since the googly eyes have lashes, I made the Moose a girl by adding a bow.  That’s it!

I hope you all enjoyed today’s project! Check out BossKut.com for files and inspiration! Remember, you can cut these files in MTC, Silhouette Studio Deluxe Edition and SCAL! Thanks for stopping by, Krafthead~

Files:

5 comments:

  1. What cute ornaments! It's nothing like quality time with family. Happy Holidays

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words :) I always enjoy your visits! Take care~

      Delete
  2. Cute idea and awesome work with felt. I hope to do more work with felt soo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Kenya! Guess what the E the baby (human) bug and I will be doing this weekend. I think there is a cut somewhere in those C-carts Of mine that might work! Christmas can't come soon enough being with out a computer is not happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, thiis moose is SO STINKIN' CUTE !!!! i love her!!!

    ReplyDelete