Everyone in the crafting/stamping world has heard of that new stamping tool. It costs about $50. It is magnetic and I think it is a great tool. It allows stamps to stamp in the same exact location. It is especially great if you need to mass produce cards with the same design. However, as a stay at home mom of five, sometimes, I can’t bite the bullet. So I try to think of ways to have a similar product I can make myself. I went back and forth on whether or not I was going to share the KASTI (Kenya’s Awesome Stamping Tool Imitated). I decided to go ahead. Hopefully the post will inspire you!
My first KASTI was made using a CD case. I printed grid lines from the internet and I even added a magnet to the cover. Here it is here:
It worked perfectly, but the size was limited and I could not use my largest background stamp with it.
I went online to see if I could find a product. I found a product and I will place an order soon. In the meantime, I had to think about what I had immediate access too. The lightbulb went off. As of now, I am not using the Cuttlebug, I thought, why not use the plates? The base is the two “B” plates. One I used for cutting and the other one was in good condition. For the positioners, I did a few accordion folds out of card stock and placed them on the edge of the plates. This ensured they were straight. I also used a T-square. I then cut a piece of magnet for the bottom. Then I printed two grids off the internet; one out of paper for the base and one out of transparency for the lid. The hinges were made from a sturdy card stock similar to what would be used for a mini album. That is it. As you can see, it works great! All I have to do is line the stamps with the grid on the lid! Best of all, it is not permanent! I can detach the edges wipe them off when I decide to use or sell the Cuttlebug.
I hope you enjoyed today’s project! Thanks for stopping by, Krafthead~