Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Altenew Sympathy Card

Hello Krafters,

My mother is very special to me. However, she is a last minute person. Today’s project is a last minute request as she was waiting for her ride to go out of town. Her spiritual mother’s grandmother passed away. She lived to be 109 years old! My mom attended the funeral which was out of town. While waiting, she said, “Oh no, I forgot to get a card!” I gave her that really look. Then she went on to ask if I could make one. 

This is a non traditional sympathy card color scheme. I really wanted to use the Altenew Vintage Rose stamp set. I have the Lawn Fawn Lobster, Rose, and Cranberry inks. It just so happened, I was using cranberry card stock on a previous project so it worked out. I used the Avery Elle Wonky Stitch Dies to cut the mat. I had to fussy cut the roses and leaves since I do not have the dies yet. I added a little clear Wink of Stella for a little shimmer. I stamped the sentiment in the LF cranberry ink.For some reason, I like to add butterflies to sympathy cards. I think it reminds me of the circle of life in some way and the beauty of it. Anywho, I added the butterfly which was punched with a Martha Stewart punch and I added pearls to the body as well as to the top of the card to finish it off. 


Although it is not pictured, I repeated the same on the inside of the card to tie it all together. 


That’s it! I hope you enjoyed today’s project! Thanks for stopping by, Krafthead~

5 comments:

  1. Nice card, like the colors and the die used for the mat. I can never fussy cut anything, your roses came out great; I usually wind up tossing it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Treva! I challenge you to fussy cut an image and use it!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful, just beautiful, Kenya. TFS

    ReplyDelete