Saturday, September 17, 2011

First Altered Box~

Happy Saturday Krafters!
I would like to finish out the week of “firsts” by sharing with you the first box I altered. It was an awkward box because of the opening.  I still had a lot of fun making it.
I painted the entire box with Folk Art Metallic Gold Paint. Once that dried, I painted it with Picket Fence Distress Crackle Paint. I dried it with a heat gun. I then used Antique Linen Distress Stain to take away some of the whiteness of the crackle paint. While that was drying, I cut down couple pieces of The Paper Studio’s Antiquity paper pack. I distressed the edges with Antique Linen Distress Ink. I applied the paper using Mod Podge.
While I was waiting for the Mod Podge to dry, I used the stain to color white lace. I also made some roses using some fabric I had in my stash. For the leaf, I colored it with the same metallic paint I used for the box. After everything dried, I assembled everything on the front, back and sides of the box.
For the top box, I cut some butterflies using the MS Butterfly Punch and from a small punch. I also made a stick pen. I used the flowers I made and placed those on some fabric which was also stained. I added the pearls for a finished look. For the feet, I used some balls from some old hair bows. I painted those in that gold paint.
In the inside, I used some extra paper, lace and flowers that were left over. I really enjoyed sharing most of my firsts with each of you. Thank you for the comments and words of encouragement that were left. Enjoy the rest of your weekend! Krafthead~

Materials:
Folk Art Metallic Gold Paint
Distress Crackle Paint- Picket Fence  
Distress Stain-Antique Linen
Distress Ink- Antique Linen
Paper Studio Pattern Paper
Lace
Fabric-Flowers
Baby Breath Flowers-Stash
Sheer Fabric
MS Monarch Butterfly Punch
Other Butterfly Punch
Gold Glimmer Mist-used on Baby Breath
12mm Halfback Pearls
6mm Halfback Pearls
Hair Balls-Feet
Stick Pen
Crystals
Glossy Accents-to hold crystals on the stick pen
Mod Podge
Glue Gun
Marvy Heat Gun

No comments:

Post a Comment