Friday, September 23, 2011

Faith Journal

Hi Krafters!
Today I want to share with you a Faith Book I made for my mother. This is my version of a Junk Journal. She is a newly born again Christian and I wanted to do something special for her. Since there are some personal things in the journal, I am only sharing the cover.
I cut the shape of the book using the Sizzix die, chipboard and pattern papers. I covered it with some Paperstudio’s faith paper. For the frame, I painted a bottom of a soda can with metallic gold paint. To hide the gaps, I outlined the frame with half back pearls. For the flowers, I used two sizes of the Marvy flower punches and inked the petal. The centers of the flowers are half back pearls. I also used Prima pearls for the flourishes.
In the inside, I added scriptures, titles, journaling spot, tags and personal notes. I also decorated the pages with flowers and pearls.
I bound the book with hemp and duct tape. To cover the duct tape, I used a piece of pattern paper. It turned out great and she loved it! Krafthead~
*Note* If you decide to cut a soda pop can, please be careful! It is very sharp and can cut you*
Materials:
Sizzix Die-Mini Cover and Pages
Paper Studio Pattern Paper
Hot Glue
ATG Tape
Cover-
Prima- Say It In Pearls
Marvy Flower Punch-Large and Grand
Half-Back Pearls
Soda Pop Can
Glossy Accents
Folk Art Paint-Metallic Gold
Chipboard
Stampin’ Up- Close To Cocoa Ink
Inside-
Fabulous Finds Cricut Cartridge-Tags
From My Kitchen- Recipe Cards and Tabs
Scriptures
 Vellum
Faith Stickers
Flowers- Close To My Heart
Half-back Pearls
College Rule Paper
Binding-
Eyelets
Hemp
Duct Tape

4 comments:

  1. What a beautifl journal. I'm sure she'll love it! I did a mini for a dear friend of mine with scriptures like this too!

    {Hugs & Blessings}
    Raina
    scrapwithraina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - what a great idea and beautiful mini :) something that will be treasured.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautfiul and a great inspiration for your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful mini, I'm sure your mother loved it!! TFS

    ReplyDelete