Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Who Wear the Pants?

Happy Tuesday Krafters!
Ok, so the card I am going to share was inspired by my puppy. I left my favorite pair of boots and he got a hold of themL. As a “krafter” I try to refurbish as much as possible. On my boots it had buckles. I knew I wanted to do something with them; I just had no idea what or when. Since the men are being honored this week, I thought that I would make a card incorporating the belt buckle. I had no real man in my life when I made this card, but I knew I wanted it to be a Father’s Day card.
For this card, I used the DCWV Ultimate Stack for the denim pattern. I used the Distress-it-All to distress the edges. I loved how it turned out especially since it is to replicate jeans. I made a belt using the buckle my dog chewed off my boot LOL. On the belt, used brad and eyelets to make the belt look realistic. I wanted to do some embossing, but I really didn’t want to make it look feminine (you know what I mean?).  Anywho, I cut slits in the paper to look like loops on a pair of jeans. I added a little faux stitching on the loops to look like seams. Finally, I took a little White Wash Core’dinations cardstock and ripped it to look like a distressed patch and stamped the sentiment. I added really stitching to the patch to give it a more realistic look. That’s it! Thanks for looking J

Materials
Zutter Distress-it-All
DCWV Ultimate Paper Stack
Core’dinations White Wash
Recollections (Black)
Papertrey Ink Cardstock (white base)
Eyelets (belt)
Brad (belt)
Tim Holtz Broken China Distress Ink

4 comments:

  1. This is precious! I think I need one of the Distress-It-Alls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a cute creative card, one dad will chersih!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very crafty! I like how you repurposed the buckle!

    ReplyDelete