Monday, February 27, 2012

Ornante Birthday

Good Morning Krafters!
I am here to share another birthday card. The last few cards I really let myself go. I guess you can say I found my nitch or my “style”. I am not sure what you would call it, but I love it! It is a bit weird, funky and different.  I think I make my cards according to the mood I’m in.
Anywho, when I make a card for someone, I try to incorporate something that reflects them. The recipient of the card loves to make jewelry. So I added things that she can take off when she is ready to throw the card away (if she decides to). I used a few charms and crystals I had in my stash. For the shoe charm and jump rings, I altered the color by using Bronze Perfect Pearls and some gold leaf paint I had in my stash. The pin I colored the top and spacers with a Copic Marker (I love to use Copics to change colors on all types of things…awesome product and so worth the money!) and added a few crystals.
So much went into this card. I have been hoarding these ornate TH plates for months. I finally decided I wanted to use one on this card. I also had some extra doily cuts that I have been experimenting with. So this card was built around these things. I used Metallic Tarnish Brass Crackle Paint on them; once dried, I applied Walnut Stain Distress Ink (my fave) on it to enhance the cracks and dull down the shininess. I took a scrap piece of kraft cardstock and ran it through my corrugate thingy (what is the name of that thing anyway??) made by Fiskars to make it look like corrugated cardboard.
To finish off the card and make it a little more feminine, I added lace, cameo and flowers. The flowers were colored with Suede Glimmer Mist. That is that! I hope you enjoyed today’s project. Thank you for stopping by. Have a great day, Krafthead~


Other Products Used:

Cricut Mini

Sophie Cartridge

DCWV-Heirloom

Paper Trey Ink Vintage Cream Cardstock

Glossy Accents

Embossing Powder

Versa Mark Embossing Pad


3 comments:

  1. Great job! That plate is gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. K,
    you are able to pull products together and make magic happen. You rock girlfriend!

    <3

    ReplyDelete