Tuesday, October 18, 2011

SSSCT Project-Name Plate

Hello Krafters!
I’m here to share my first Scrappin with Sharon & Smokey Creative Team project. Since I upload videos to YouTube, I figured it would only be right to make a name plate. I used two cutting files from Sharon’s store. I also used the MTC software and my beloved Gazelle!  
For this project, I wanted to incorporate some of my favorite things. I love lilies, especially Calla Lillies! To me, they are the prettiest flowers. When I saw this file (RM00119), I knew I had to use it! File RM00119 was used to make ALL of the flowers! I used distress ink, Copics and a black pen to make the flowers to look a bit more realistic. They were really easy to assemble.
The frame was cut using file RM00155. I cut it out using thick cardstock (it cut very smooth). I painted it white and then used black Crackle Paint for a distressed look.
I added lace to the bottom with a strand of pearls (Karla’s Etsy). I also used the Martha Stewart butterfly punch.  I didn’t want to over embellish so I kept this very simple.
This project was so quick and easy! Thanks for stopping by. Krafthead~
*TIP* I recommend misting the pieces to roll the flowers OR taking an embossing tool and distress the petals until they curl***
Copic Marker-stems
Distress Ink-Walnut Stain, Worn Lipstick (flowers)
Suede Glimmer Mist-to color lace
Beige Pearl Strand-karlas001
Martha Stewart Butterfly Punch
Sheer White Ribbon
Black Pen

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty! Great detail to make the flowers more real. TFS