Monday, October 3, 2011

Sophie

Hello Krafters!

Today, I would like to share a project I made using Sophie. This is a very versatile cartridge. It is my second favorite Circle cartridge to date.  Anywho, I love butterflies and I thought this was the perfect project.
I used the card feature to cut out the card base in Paper Trey Ink’s Cream cardstock. For the pattern paper, I used various pieces of The Paper Studio Antique.  The butterfly was cut using the layer feature. I ran the card base and butterfly through the Cuttlebug using the Musical Flourish Embossing Folder.
I used white lace from my stash. To match the project, I dyed it using gold Glimmer Mist. As the lace dried, I inked the edges of the card base and butterfly using Walnut Stain Distress Ink. I added small pearls to the butterfly and the four corners. I attached the lace and added larger pearls with my glue gun.
On the inside of the card, I used the Martha Stewart Butterfly Edge Punch to add interest. It was punched using the same pattern paper used for the matting and butterfly on the outside. That’s it! A quick and easy project that can be used for several occasions.  Thanks for visiting, Krafthead~



Materials:
Cricut Expression2
Sophie Cricut Cartridge- card base 5.5x8.5 (fold in half to make A2 size card), butterfly 3.5”
Paper Trey Ink-vintage cream
The Paper Studio-Antique
Cuttlebug-Musical Flourish
Tim Holtz Distress Ink-Walnut Stain
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist-Gold
Martha Stewart Punch-Butterfly
Lace
Pearls-4mm and 12mm
Glue Gun

*The card matches the altered box I shared a few days ago ;-)*

No comments:

Post a Comment