Wednesday, May 18, 2011

A Reason to Celebrate!

Hello Krafters!
Graduation season is amongst us! If you don't know by now, I LOVE DCWV paper! I use the papers in 95% of the projects I use. Anyway, I have several people graduating in the upcoming weeks so I will be busy making graduation cards. In light of the season, here is a graduation card that I made for my god-daughter who is graduating from high school:

As mentioned, I love DCWV and I used the coordinating paper to Royal Garden for the gold paper. I used a Cuttlebug folder to emboss the design. For the life of me, I never remember the names of the folders! I really wish they would put the names on the folders. Of course, I could do that myself, but I forget as I am opening up something new LOL!  I also used purple Core'dinations cardstock. Finally, I used a couple pieces of small pattern paper from my stash.

I have to thank Sarah for the bows on the banner; what a great touch to finish off the card! I also tied a bow on the diploma to give a 3-D effect even though it is a flat cut. To add a little more dimension and realist effect, I added liquid pearls on the cap and banner.


This is an A2 sized card. I used the Gypsy to design it. Thank you for looking!

Materials:

Locker Talk Cartridge for the cap (1.5")
A Child's Year for the diploma (1")
Country Life for the banner (1"x1")
Cuttlebug folder (don't remember the name but from the Deco Set)
DCWV Royal Garden mat stack
Core'dinations
Gold ribbon
White ribbon
Purple liquid pearls
Fiskars 2-n-1 corner rounder
Dimensional pop dots

1 comment: