Saturday, May 21, 2011

It's A Boy!

Hello Krafters!
Today marks the final day of Celebration Week! It has been and thanks being a part of it. We had a card about me, a couple graduation cards, wedding card….What better way to end the week by celebrating a baby shower!
Diaper cake:
I cut a 10” circle out of chip board for the base and covered it with patterned paper.
Then I added a little lace around the base with a glue gun. Warning, use a tool if you can because the glue is HOT!


Here I took a tube from wrapping paper and cut it down to approximately 13” and cut the bottom to support the diapers. I added hot glue to adhere it to the base. Inside the support tube, there are wipes and diapers inside.

I rolled each diaper and added them to build the cake. Once I had the form of the cake, I used Electric Blue glimmer mist to make the white ribbon blue since I did not have any on hand. I cut shapes from the Nursery Tails Cricut Imagine cartridge at three inches and Designer’s Calendar Cricut cartridge. The “It’s A Boy” cuts on the center tier are 4”.
For the top of the cake, I used the Sizzix Create-A-Bow die. Disclaimer: use a large brad, not mini brads to hold the pieces together.  The paper says It’s A Boy.
Here is the final product before adding cellophane:
The card:
Standard A2 card. For the background paper or walls in this case, I used yellow Bazzill cardstock and ran it through the Cuttlebug using the Swiss Dots embossing folder. I also used DCWV Nana’s Kids for the pattern paper. The scallop is Bazzill Edge or the crown molding. I added a little brown cardstock as the floor.
The crib and chair I cut on my Gazelle since I did not have a rocking chair or crib on a cartridge. That is what I love about the Gazelle and Make-the-Cut software. If I don’t have what I need, I can find an image, trace it and cut it out! I also made a window pane in the program. I cut the moon and stars from the Pooh and Friends cartridge because I like how those looked on that particular cartridge.
I took a punch to make the clock pieces and hand cut the hands. I used the same It’s A Boy pattern paper used in the diaper cake so the card will have a similar element. I put a brad in the center of the clock.
To finish off the card, I added two teddy bear brads; one at the foot of the crib and one in the rocking chair. I hand cut the blanket, valence, mattress inside the crib and seat cushions.
I might make a few changes to the card, but overall, it works.
Products used
Cricut Expression
Cricut Imagine
Bosskut Gazelle
Cuttlebug            
Xyron Creatopia
Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder
Nursery Tails Imagine cartridge
Designer’s Calendar Cricut cartridge
Sizzix Create-A-Bow die
Hot glue gun
DCWV Nana’s Kids
Bazzill cardstock-yellow, brown, white
Bazzill edger
Paper Pizazz-It’s A Boy and Moon and Stars pattern paper
Recollections dark blue cardstock
Brads
Diapers
Wipes
Ribbon
Tattered Angels Electric Blue Glimmer Mist
Scor tape
Lace
Chipboard
Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment