Monday, May 16, 2011

Kick Start!

Hello and welcome! I am new to the blogging world as you can see. I honestly never thought that I would do something like this. I am generally a private person who has recently started coming out of my social shell. While it is safe to say I might not ever come completely out, I am willing to venture farther than I have. I enjoy crafting, card making, scrapbooking and cooking. The following project includes a couple of my enjoyments:

To kick start the blog, here is a project that I did for a Pampered Chef party a little while ago. I used the Cricut Expression  along with the Gypsy and Imagine to create this card. The card was designed in the Gypsy using French Manor and From My Kitchen.
What makes the Imagine so great is the ability to have any color at your finger tips. I was able to customize the colors for the entire card. I used the patterns from the Imagine More cartridge for the seat cushions. Since this was a Pampered Chef party which focuses on kitchen utensils, it was only befitting to take the theme and run with it. I incorporated some utensils and bowls.
To finish off the card to make it look "homey" I cut out a frame (handmade), distressed the "photo" and printed out Pampered Chef or Bust on the printer in coordinating colors.
Thank you all for coming by. I hope you enjoyed your time here. Come back and visit!

6 comments:

  1. Welcome to blog land, I hope you enjoy your time here. I like your picture, we finally get to see you.

    You really put a lot of detail into the card. WOW!

    I would be a follower, but the follower gadget has not been working for over a month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the world of blogging. What a cute card, perfect for the occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. welcome to the wonderful world of blogging. I look forward to seeing what you do next. Cute card....

    ReplyDelete