Sunday, June 21, 2015

Father's Day Card Share

Hello Krafters!

I am stopping by to share a couple of Father’s Day cards I made for some of the men in my life! Most of the cards took me only a few minutes to complete…yep my 10 minutes or less cards! Hopefully this will be a short post! Enjoy! 

The first card I used a stamp set by Hero Arts (LOL). I am not sure if I like this set yet. I can see a lot of potential for it. I mean, everyone has a phone attached to them! The set can make nice cards for teens or the “technology” lover. One thing I like about the set is the blank speech bubbles. I can add my own words/phrases to them. I don't like the solid phone image though. It took me several times to get the stamp “used” and I had to go over it a few times to make it a solid image. I am happy I used the K.A.S.T.I.! I made the background paper using a few stamps from the set. Since this card was for my brother, I wanted to not go overboard. I added a little Wink of Stella to the phone for a subtle shimmer to the phone without making it “glittery” or girly. 

The second card was inspired by a video I saw a while back on YouTube. Unfortunately, I do not remember who it was. I liked how she used the stripes and she has her sentiment attached to the stripes. The background was made by Copic markers and the Tim Holtz Spritzer. This was the first time I used it after having the thing for well over a year! I can see myself using it again! Any who, I made my “splotches” in three different colors and used those same colors to color the stripes. I stamped “Happy Father’s Day” from a Technique Tuesday sentiment stamp set. I added a little Sakura Gelly Roll Pen. It actually gave the same effect as the Wink of Stella Pens! Very subtle shimmer. Card complete!

The final card I put the Cricut Explore to work. With the exception of “designing” and cutting this card took less than 5 minutes to put together. I made the background using basic shapes in the Design Space. I used square, made it into a rectangle, at 4.25x5.5. I then duplicated the rectangle, resized it to fit into the first rectangle and sliced the image. Once I had a frame, I added the strips and then did the same thing for the circle. I welded the two images together to make the background image. The sentiment is from Wild Card (I believe). After the images were cut, I placed them on the card base and that was that!


So I hope you enjoyed these Father’s Day cards! Thanks for stopping by, Krafthead~

4 comments:

  1. Like your Father's Day cards, love the idea of the ten minutes or less cards! Now I'm wondering if I need that stamp set with the phone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do the 10 minute or less challenge! I don't know if I like the set yet....it might end up on your doorstep! LBVS

      Delete
  2. LOVE your 10 minutes or less Cards!!!!

    ReplyDelete