Monday, May 11, 2015

Mother's Day Cards...Butterflies

Hello Krafters!

Let me start off by saying I hope each of you had a good Mother’s Day! Secondly, let me apologize in advance for the horrible photos. My camera battery was charging and I was in a rush….yep so I used my cell and it looks a bit grainy for some reason…and the lighting wasn’t the best. The cards were inspired by Dawn and Nichole. 

I used the Stitched Rectangle from Lawn Fawn and a butterfly die by Spellbinders for the base of the card. The paper is the Secret Garden 6x6 paper pad. I like it because one side is solid and the other side is a print. I ran the dies in the machine together. I used turned the butterfly to the opposite side and mounted it in the negative space. It worked perfectly because the die is symmetrical. The purple card is a flat shaker card and the other is not. I added bling to the bodies and a few in the corners. I heat embossed the sentiment with Lindy’s Stamp Gang embossing powder (Sheba’s Silver) and WOW (White). Done!



This was truly a 10 minute or less card!! I like how simple it is but it has a little something extra. Again, I am sorry for the pictures…hope you enjoyed the cards. Thanks for stopping by, Krafthead~

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I wish the pictures were clearer~

      Delete
  2. Love your cards, pretty butterflies; like the idea of a flat shaker card!

    ReplyDelete