Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Practical Scrappers DT-Vellum

Hello Krafters,



I am proud to show my first project as a Practical Scrapper! Today's theme was to use vellum 10 different ways. I opted to do dry and wet embossing on vellum. Check out the Practical Scrappers Blog for more ideas on how to use vellum on your projects! There are some really neat projects on there!

I used DCWV's Natural Stack for the pattern paper. I layered the vellum on top after running it through the Script embossing folder. This adds a nice amount of texture and elegance to a project. I especially like to do this technique on wedding cards or sympathy cards. I also embossed the vellum leaf with the Swiss Dot embossing folder in the flower spray (Wild Orchid Crafts Poppy Flowers).

For the sentiment, I used Versa Mark and white embossing powder. I really love the look of embossing on vellum! I backed it with a piece of cardstock so the sentiment does not get lost in the pattern.


To finish off the card, I punched out the borders out of the pattern papers and used the Picot Spellbinders Die for the sentiment. I also did faux stitching around the card.


I hope you enjoyed today's project. Remember to check out PracticalScrappers daily for projects and inspiration! Krafthead~


***TIP*** I like to use the Zig 2-Way Glue Pen to adhere vellum to a project. It is virtually invisible and holds vellum well too :)!

Products:

DCWV Natural Stack

White Gel Pen

Martha Stewart Punch

Vellum

Script and Swiss Dot Embossing Folders

Picot and Foliage Spellbinders Dies

Wild Orchid Crafts Poppy Flowers

Pearls

Ribbon

5 comments:

  1. Kenya, this card is absolutely beautiful. I hove the scripted embossing on the vellium, and your sentiment..Very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is magnificent no wonder you're part of the team!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kenya
    this card is Magnificent
    I LOVE the Look of it
    ps new photo of Grandson will be posted soon

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful card and I love the way you used the vellum. Love the 2-way pen to adhere vellum!

    ReplyDelete