Monday, March 5, 2012

Yay For Purple!

Happy Monday Krafters!

I hope you all had a great krafty weekend! My weekend was pretty nice. I was able to get a few things done around the house. Anywho, today I am sharing a quick and easy project. It only took a few minutes to put together.

My oldest daughter’s favorite color is purple. She was pretty sad when she had to purchase a new notebook for her reading station that was red. So to lift her sadness, we put the Imagine to work! We really could have altered it up, but I wanted to leave simple since she is only in the second grade J

Front Cover:

I printed a solid purple sheet from Imagine More Cards at 8.5x11” (it had to be trimmed to size). *Yes I could have used a regular piece of cardstock, but I printed the pattern first and wanted the covers to match*I stamped a simple flourish (repeated) and a butterfly collage using Momento Black Ink. The letters were cut from the Hannah Montana Cartridge (one of my favorites!)  at 1”. To hide the red on the notebook, I colored the spine black with a Copic Marker and added a striped purple and white ribbon. I used Mother’s Day Bouquet for the flowers and flood filled them with colors and patterns from the Teresa Collins Black and White Imagine Cartridge. To finish it off, I added a few rhinestones and a butterfly from a Martha Stewart Punch.  

Back Cover:

This time I printed a pattern using the Imagine More Cards trimmed to size. I stamped one flourish to tie the front design to the back.  To keep her encouraged, I stamped “I’ll always be simply the best” on the back.

That’s it! She now has a simple but cute notebook to take to school that she adores J I hope you enjoyed today’s project. As always, thanks for stopping by, Krafthead~

3 comments: