Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Faith of a Mustard Seed

Hello Krafters,

I couple of weeks ago; I was asked to make a 15 simple cards making a mustard seed the focal point. The individual wanted the saying, “Faith of a mustard seed” on the card as well. It was also noted, she wanted the card to be about the size of a posted note. I was up for the challenge! Besides, I still LOVE making cards!



I cut the white cardstock into 3x6” strips and folded it in half making a 3x3 card. I had an old pattern paper pad (FAITH) I purchased online many years ago and thought it would be perfect for this. I saw the pad at Hobby Lobby some time ago, so it may be available. I cut the pp to slightly smaller than 3” and layered it on cardstock for added stability. I used the rounded rectangle MFT die to cut a window out of the pp/cardstock layer and added transparency to it. To secure the mustard seed, I used a tiny piece of ATG tape. I chose not to use a liquid glue because the tape was strong enough to support the seed and I did not leave any room for it to move. Finally, I decided to print the sentiment instead of making a stamp with the Mint. To add a little “flair”, I cut fish tales in the sentiment banner.

Since I made cards, I needed to make envelopes, to go with the set. For this, you could use the envelope maker by WRMKs. I used the Crafter’s Companion to make mine. I started with a 5x5 square of printer paper and tweaked the instructions to get an envelope that fit perfectly for the 3x3 card.


That’s it! Easy peasy and the recipient was overjoyed at her set of faith cards! Also reminded me to have just a little faith in all things! Thanks for stopping by, Krafthead~

2 comments:

  1. Love your mustard seed cards, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for stopping by and sharing love!

    ReplyDelete