Friday, February 3, 2017

Altered Dress and Laser Tool

Hi Krafters!

Last week, my second daughter was in a tap dancing competition! I had the task of altering her team’s dresses…NOT sure how that came to be especially considering I am not a seamstress LOL. Basically I needed to add another layer to the bottom of the dress to make it a little longer. Here is a before picture:



As you can see, it had three layers. When I finished, it had four! Here is the finished product:



I was pleasantly surprised it was seamless and no one could tell it was altered!

To help me achieve the look, I went to Hobby Lobby and purchased the same Polyester Lining fabric.  Here is my product plug. I recently purchased the Laser Square Tool by WRMK! What I love about the tool is it does not have to be used for paper craft only! I took one side off and used as a guide to help keep my cuts straight. This allowed all of the layers to be uniformed for each dress! I can see myself using the Laser Tool A LOT! I recommend it! 

Photo of the Laser Tool on fabric:



Anywho, I used fabric glue first to set the layer instead of pinning it to reinforce, and then stitched the seam.

All eight dresses were done in no time…and of course I was asked to do this task at the last minute!!


That is it! I just wanted to check in and give the tool by WRMK a plug and to let you all know I am creating! Krafthead~

2 comments:

  1. Cute tap dancer and mommy to the rescue! Great job and thanks for the review of the laser square tool; it is on my list of must have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a solitary second abandoned abandoning me in absolute shock.
    best-electrician-tool-bags

    ReplyDelete