Friday, November 21, 2014

Thank You!

Hello Krafters!

It has been FOREVER since I posted! I really did miss my readers!! So much has happened since my last post. I honestly had did not have much time nor the desire to craft. I would have ideas and when I would find time to get into the craftroom, I would leave frustrated. Since this is supposed to relax me and be enjoyable, I needed to take a step back for awhile. 

I also have some exciting news to share…..I had a baby!! Who knew right? It was not the easiest pregnancy. However, I am so happy that I FINALLY have my little boy. He was born back in October. Which brings me to today’s post. 

Today I am sharing my thank you cards (2 styles) for the gifts I received from my baby shower. I had to mass produce them. This was not an easy task between sleep deprivation and juggling family. I felt simple was the way to go!



For this project, I used the Sizzix Eclips and eCAL to cut the onesie and the duck. It was a preloaded image in the software. I added faux stitching (white gel pen) to the onesie. Since the card still seemed a bit plain, I added dry embossing (swiss dots border folder) to the bottom and scored the lines to hide the line from the embossing folder and to add interest using the score board. On the bottom of the card, I embossed the “thanks and thank you” in yellow embossing powder to coordinate with the duck. On some (not pictured) I added twine and a bow but that was more work than I was willing to do at this time LOL!

I know this is a short post and the project was very simple, but wanted to share and update you on my whereabouts. All is well and I will be posting more frequently now that things are beginning to return to normal….well my new normal.

I hope you enjoyed today’s project! Thanks for stopping by, Krafthead~

5 comments:

  1. Kenya, congrats again and your thank you cards are cute! Just do you and enjoy your time with your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the visit and encouragement! It is always appreciated!

      Delete
  2. These cards are really really cute!!! So happy for you on your new arrival. I pray he brings you all SO much happiness!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey hey!! He does bring me so much joy....can't imagine life without him. Thank you for stopping by and the love you always show :)

      Delete
  3. Congrats to you Kenya,
    and Believe it or not Children ARE more important than Crafting : )

    ReplyDelete