Saturday, October 19, 2013

SOC-With Sympathy

Hi Krafters!

Krafthead here to share a simple project with you! I don't know about you, but I have a track record of buying scrappy products and not always using them or using them to the fullest. Today's project is using some of those unloved products! I hope you enjoy and that it will inspire you to pull out some of your "stash" as well!

As I was looking for something in the craft lab, I found some watercolor paper I picked up from the dollar spot at one of the local big box stores probably a year ago. I remembered I had some of Distress Markers and I had an idea. I also used my stamp/die combo that I used once before by Hero Arts and Sizzix.
 
When my father passed away, a scrappy friend of mine sent me a beautiful card. It had a watercolor effect on it and that was the inspiration for this card. I used various colors of the Distress Markers/Distress Inks and a water pen to add the scene effect. Watercolors can add a very subtle look to a project. Playing with watercolors can be fun and a great way to express yourself! I really like how this project turned out.

 
Share what's in your stash you forgot about or goes unloved? Krafthead~

1 comment: