Wednesday, March 20, 2013

SOC DT Project-Save That Styrofoam Packaging


Hello Krafters!

Have you ever saved something and had no idea why? This happens to me all the time. A few months back, I received a package in the mail and it included some circular packaging. Usually packages have that waded wrapping paper or packing peanuts. When I saw these pieces I knew I had to save them. Why and for what though?

I made an ATG stand years ago. When I purchased a new gun, I did not have a place to store it. I thought about making a new stand, but I wanted something quick. After thinking and getting tired of knocking it over because I would sit it upside down, I remembered the Styrofoam!

I traced the bottom of the ATG Gun and cut the Styrofoam with an Exacto Knife. Since the gun has a slight angle, the inside is not cut straight across. Once the hole was satisfactory, I measured the Styrofoam and cut a strip out of the DCWV Glam Girl paper stack (it has a lot of purple in it and it is cute). I applied the paper and cut down some mesh bling. I added that and then several flowers (stampin’ scrappin’, I Am Roses and Wild Orchid Crafts) to the base.

I also decided to alter the ATG Gun to coordinate with the base. I used the same sheet of paper and measured both sides of the gun. I added the mesh bling to both sides, but flowers to one side shown. I only altered the one side because I like the gun to lay flat when I change the tape.

I really like how it turned out and the gun can be taken out at any time or it can stay in the base while being used!

I hope you enjoyed today’s project! Don't forget to stop by the Scraps of Color blog for more project inspiration! Thank you all so much for stopping by, Krafthead~

3 comments:

  1. This is amazing recycling. Reminds me of how I cut up styrofoam to make styrofoam/
    thermocol flowers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. I am going to check out the thermocol flowers...seems interesting :)

      Delete
  2. what a pretty and useful item!!!!! Love the flowers!!!!!

    ReplyDelete